Click here to download the PVC Borehole spec sheet
Our PVC-U Casings and screen pipes are manufactured with selected PVC compounds to provide absolute non-corrosive pipes with excellent mechanical properties.
The casing and screens are threaded flush internally and externally to two standards:
- DIN 4925
- ASTM F480-88 2 Tpi
Lengths are standard 2.9m or 5.8m.
- Corrosion: the chemical inertness of uPVC makes them insensitive to all forms of corrosion, thus making them excellent products for use in Acid Mine drainage wells or high PH applications
- Mechanical properties: excellent resistance to high collapse pressures, together with high tensile loads with the “DIN” threading
- Two ranges are available: standard rating which is generally 0-100m and heavy duty ranges from 100m – 200m
- Accurate slot sizes: with our various slotting machines we are able to produce accurate slot sizes which are consistent and therefore easily matched up to calculated flow rates which designers can use when designing systems
- Cost effective: lower installed cost compared to conventional (steel) casings.
- Reliable: the trapezoidal threaded joints can be used for over 20 years in demanding conditions.
- Easy handling and installation: tough, rugged material, with easy to assemble joints.
- Light weight: much lighter than steel casings makes for user friendly installations and savings in time.
- PVC plastic material: resistant to corrosion as well as acids and alkalis found in some soils. No additional protection required.
- Internally and externally flush jointed: easy installation in borehole and improved flow of pumped water.
- High modulus of elasticity: makes for stiffer casings and screens which can be designed for boreholes up to at least 160 m deep.
- Can be solvent welded: ideal for connecting various PVC fittings such as end caps.
- Mine dewatering
- Sea water abstraction
- Geotechnical drilling
- Water monitoring
- Flush internal and external threading
- Belled one end for solvent welding
© 2019. WTPI SA. Designed by Duncan-Fyfe Consulting. All Rights Reserved.